OverDrive & Libby Resources
To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at email@example.com.
Wisconsin Public Library Consortium (WPLC) is the project manager for the Wisconsin Digital Library (OverDrive & Libby).
- Join the WPLC Announcement List subscribe for OverDrive announcements.
- WPLC OverDrive Promotional Materials
- WPLC: OverDrive Support Training Course: Interested? Email Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OverDrive Reporting Instructions and Infographics
- What to do if you can’t solve a patron’s problem with Wisconsin’s Digital Library (OverDrive) .
- Why the long hold lines? This handout’s goal is to help educate both library staff and patrons about the long holds in Wisconsin’s Digital Library that goes a little more in-depth with why our budget can’t meet demand.
- WPLC: OverDrive Support Training Course can be found on the WPLC website.
- Interested? Send and email to Anne Hamland at email@example.com
- WVLS Getting Started with OverDrive Chart 2017
- Digital Lites Blog Posts
- OverDrive’s New Get a Library Card Feature
- Libby App from OverDrive Announced!
- SYNC: Free Teen Audiobook Downloads for Everyone
- OverDrive Update: Wisconsin’s Digital Library to Grow Even Faster
- Replacing Patron Cards and Merging OverDrive Accounts
- OverDrive Marketing and Getting Started Guides
- OverDrive Magazines Ends October 1st: Messaging for Users
WVLS Digital Lites: OverDrive
OverDrive Advantage Selection Committee
Please find information on the WVLS OverDrive Advantage Selection Committee meeting minutes, monthly budget reports, committee members, and details on the titles in OverDrive Advantage orders.
Please contact Committee Chair Katie Zimmerman at Katie.Zimmermann@co.marathon.wi.us with any questions or suggestions.
Katie Zimmerman of County Public Library, Chair
Kate Sullivan of Marathon County Public Library
Cindy Wendt of Minoqua Public Library
Jenny Jochimsen of Abbotsford Public Library
Loralee Petersen of Owen Public Library, Secretary
Budget and Budget Reports
Funds – WVLS has granted the committee $20,000 to be used between June 2017 and December 2018. This breaks down to approximately $1,110 per month or about 30 titles.
A conference call or “go to meeting” will be set up by Katie Zimmerman in September or October 2017.
An “in-person” meeting will be scheduled for February 2018.
- The committee will share 2 carts; the main cart and a “wild card” cart.
- Selectors will choose 15 adult books and 10 youth (middle grade and YA titles) to purchase each month. Consideration will be given to hold ratio, cost of title, demand within WVLS, and to covering both ebook and audiobook formats. In addition each committee member can choose 1-2 “wild card” titles.
- Around the 7-10th of the month, Kate Sullivan will check the WPLC holds list and streamline it for our committee to reflect titles that have the greatest number of WVLS patron holds. She will then email the spreadsheet to committee members.
- Members are to make their choices by the 20th of the month. Cindy Wendt, Kate Sullivan, Loralee Petersen and Jenny Jochimsen will compile the list of adult titles to buy. Cindy and Kate will choose 5 titles. Jenny will choose 3 and Loralee will choose 2. Katie Zimmerman, Loralee Petersen and Jenny Jochimsen will choose the youth titles. Katie will choose 5, Loralee will choose 3 and Jennie will choose 2.
- By the 20th of the month committee members will declare their wild card choices and Jenny Jochimsen will create a “doodle” survey and send it to the committee members, who will vote for their 5 favorite titles.
- After this is completed, Cindy Wendt will place the order for the final choice of titles.