Friends of LibrariesTo suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at email@example.com.
ResourcesTrustee Essentials: A Handbook for Wisconsin Public Library Trustees Prepared by the Division for Libraries and Technology with the assistance of the Wisconsin Public Library Trustee Handbook Revision Task Force. Chapter 24 discusses Library Friends and Library Foundations.
Trustee Essentials Chapter 24: Library Friends and Library Foundations
- The role of Friends of the Library groups and library foundations
- How to develop a good relationship between the library board and support groups like the Friends of the Library or the library foundation
- Financial support from the Friends of the Library or the library
- Short Takes for Trustees is a series of 10 short videos (8-10 minutes) that can be shown during trustee meetings to stimulate discussion about the important role that trustees play in the governance of their libraries. Subscription required.
- Trustee Academy is a series of online courses to help trustees become proficient in their roles on behalf of their library. Requires registration.
Friends Groups within WVLS
|Library||Friends founded in…|
|Colby Public Library||1991|
|Crandon Public Library||20+ years|
|MCPL||25+ years ago|
|Rhinelander District Library||May 2016|
|T.B. Scott Free Library||1999|
|Thorp Public Library||March 2017|
|Tomahawk Public Library||2007|
|Western Taylor County Public Library||about 2001|
|Demmer Memorial – Three Lakes||on hiatus|
|Abbotsford||No Friends Group|
|Antigo/ Langlade||No Friends Group|
|Granton Community Library||No Friends Group|
|Greenwood||No Friends Group|
|Jean M. Thomsen Memorial Library||No Friends Group|
|Loyal Public Library||No Friends Group|
|Minocqua Public Library||No Friends Group|
|Withee Public Library||No Friends Group|