A grant opportunity for public libraries is now available from ALA and PBS. Applications are due by April 17, and up to 50 libraries will be selected.
Apply now for a cash grant and resources to support library programming around “The Great American Read,” the much-anticipated PBS series designed to spark a national conversation about reading.
The eight-part series will engage audiences with a list of 100 diverse books, encouraging the American public to read the books, vote from the list of 100, and share their personal connections to the titles.
Your library could receive:
- $2,000 to support programs and events related to “The Great American Read”
- A DVD collection of the series with public performance rights
- Opportunities to host private, pre-broadcast screenings at your library
- For more information:
• Read the project guidelines
• Preview the application (PDF)
• Start your online application
Questions? Contact ALA’s Public Programs Office at email@example.com.