WVLS and IFLS libraries can reserve makerspace kits that fit with the Libraries Rock! summer reading theme.
Kits arrive to your library (or preferred courier stop) ready to go. For most kits, no experience is needed as your adventurous library users can figure out how to play with whatever is in the kit.
It is okay if you do not have skill in crochet, coding, or drones, as long as you are flexible and encourage yourself and attendees to learn together. PLUS many if not all of the kits come with directions or idea sheets with how to get started.
Set up an account by emailing your library, name, your phone number, and your email (Gmail or Facebook) to email@example.com
Watch a tutorial on how to book items or call Anne Hamland at 715-839-5082 ext. 150.
Kits perfect for Libraries Rock!
- Karaoke machines (2): use for karaoke, lip sync battles, open mic nights and more.
- Breakout EDU Escape Room Kit: create a rock or music themed escape room.
- Amazon Echo: play music during crafts, use this device as the music player for a lip sync battle.
- Audio Kit: record your band, solo act, a capella group.
- Cannon Camcorder and Green Screen: record your own music videos or use the green screen so attendees can insert a picture of their favorite band.
- Littlebits Synthesizer (4 kits): assemble the magnetic pieces and make your on music.
- Pancake Art: make musical notes, instruments, and rock and roll pancakes.
- Chromebooks: host an hour of code using a musical themed activity off of Code.org.
Submitted by: Anne Hamland