The Winding Rivers Library System (WRLS) offers a rare opportunity to work and serve in a library system impacting over 280,000 residents living in western Wisconsin. WRLS is seeking a full-time Collaborative Consultant. This key position reports to the WRLS Director and includes the following areas of responsibility:
Collaboration: Promotes and coordinates collaboration among member libraries to include by not limited to:
o Coordinates programming among member libraries
o Writes grants to benefit multiple libraries
o Manages the shared programming kit library
o Oversees the shared databases to include training, promotion and evaluation
* Promotion: Coordinates promotion among member libraries to include print materials, press releases, social media blurbs and other methods of getting the word out about member libraries and WRLS. Coordinated promotion will cover the following areas:
o Services such as Overdrive, ECHO, programming kits, databases, and others.
o Collaborative programming
o National, state and regional event promotion such as National Library Week, National Children’s Book Week, Banned Books Week, etc.
* Consulting: Provides consulting and program expertise to member libraries in the following subject areas:
o Collection management including development, weeding, collection arrangement, etc.
o Youth services and summer reading
o Inclusive services
WRLS is a public library system located in West Salem, WI (just east of La Crosse) serving 34 public libraries in seven counties, covering over 5000 square miles, in communities ranging in size from 288 to 52,000 residents.
This position requires:
* A masters degree from an ALA accredited institution and two years of relevant professional experience; though experience and an interest in further education will be considered.
* Innovation, creativity, and risk taking.
* Excellent communication skills and an out-going personality.
* A strong desire to serve a diverse array of libraries and staff.
* A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive long distances in various Wisconsin weather conditions. At least one onsite visit to each library per year is required.
This position offers:
* The opportunity to make a difference for libraries and communities in west central Wisconsin.
* Committed and dedicated colleagues, appreciative member library staff, a supportive and forward-thinking board of trustees, and a collaborative mindset among library systems around the state.
* The opportunity to live, work, and play in the incomparable driftless region of Wisconsin.
* Full-time salary of $61,686.
* Generous benefits including two weeks of vacation after six months, four weeks after a year; health, dental, life, and income continuation insurance; and Wisconsin retirement.
* A flexible schedule, including the opportunity to work remotely up to one day each week, after one year of employment.
Send questions and/or application (cover letter & resume) to Kristen Anderson / firstname.lastname@example.org / 608-789-7119. Applications received on or before March 6, 2020 will receive first consideration.