Are you a passionate, patron-focused professional seeking to enhance the talents of staff and improve user experience? Kenosha Public Library seeks a Division Head for Public Services to coordinate and manage operations and activities of our Public Services Division. This position oversees the four public services departments of Adult and Digital Services, Youth and Family Services, Outreach Services, and Circulation Services in our four branch libraries and through community outreach. The Division Head for Public Services reports reports to the Library Director and acts on behalf of the Director as required. This position requires a Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, a minimum of five years successful public library and/or system experience, and a minimum of two years progressively responsible administrative experience. The starting salary for this full-time exempt position is $77,424.00 annually.
The successful candidate will:
– See the value of cultural, ethnic, gender, and other individual differences in people.
– Value different points of view and check their own views against the views of others.
– Support fair treatment and equal opportunity for all.
– Listen to and objectively consider the ideas/input of others.
– Respect the talents and contributions of all individuals.
– Strive to eliminate barriers to diversity.
– Ensure that new barriers to diversity are not built.
This position will remain open until sufficient qualified applicants are received. To ensure first consideration, please submit your online application by March 15, 2019.