Libraries Win Website Services
To suggest additions, please email Anne Hamland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description of Service
Read the Libraries Win Website Services Outline for a full description.
- IFLS and WVLS libraries.
- Virtual meeting for libraries interested in website services.
- Designated library webmaster.
- Standard WordPress website using the Divi theme.
- Content gathered from current website and library webmaster.
- Two co-work days a year.
- Virtual meetings as needed to review or explore current and future new website options.
- Website user listserv to distribute information.
How To Resources
Getting Started With Web Design
- Planning Your Website
- Getting Started
- Design Details: Color, Images
- Website Testing Tips
- Resources: Books, Webinars, Articles
- Contact your Domain Name Service (DNS) provider. The place where your domain name is registered.
- Have your DNS provider create an “A” record with dev.yourlibrary’scurrentURL.orgorcomorwhatever that points to 126.96.36.199.
- Content to gather:
- Files of your library’s logo. (png. jpg.)
- Library address, phone, email.
- Staff information and contact information.
- Any images you would like on your website. (png. jpg.)