SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE TO ATTEND ARSL CONFERENCE
The Wisconsin Valley Library Service is offering a scholarship to a director or branch manager of a member public library to attend the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) Conference. This is an annual conference and scholarship opportunity.
The ARSL conference is specifically targeted for rural library staff. Previous conference topics have included: building community advocacy, effective trustee recruitment, employee and patron safety, inexpensive programming ideas, innovative web services with few resources and more.
Full conference details, when published, can be found on the 2017 ARSL conference website.
2017 Application Deadline: May 12, 2017.
The ARSL scholarship is a full scholarship and includes the following:
- A one-year membership in ARSL
- Conference registration
- Transportation to/from the conference (airfare, mileage to/from Wisconsin airport; fees to park car at airport; cab fare to hotel/back to airport;
- Conference lodging
- Conference meals (any meals outside the conference will be covered at WVLS per diem rate)
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must submit a completed and signed application before the scholarship deadline: May 12, 2017.
- Applicants must work at a small or rural library or library branch serving a municipal population of 10,000 or less in the WVLS area.
- Applicants must have one year of experience working as a public library director or library branch manager prior to application deadline.
- Preference will be given applicants who have not attended an ARSL conference.
- Scholarship winners must share knowledge gained with fellow library directors/branch managers via a written report submitted to WVLS within 60 days of the conference.
- Scholarship winners must also provide an oral report during a conference review webinar to be scheduled within 90 days of the conference.
Please complete and submit the 2017 WVLS ARSL Conference Scholarship Application.
Questions about the scholarship may be directed to Anne Hamland at 715.261.7258 or email@example.com.
Completed applications should be sent to Anne Hamland, Wisconsin Valley Library Service, 300 N First Street, Wausau, WI 54403 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 ARSL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
- Tamara Blomberg – Rib Lake Public Library
- Denise Korenuk – Western Taylor County Public Library, Gilman
- Audrey Kohlbeck - Marathon County Public Library, Spencer Branch
- 2016 Webinar WVLS Scholarship Report Recorded December 5th, 2016.
- 2016 PowerPoint ARSL Scholarship Report Slides
- 55 Tips to Manage Work Stress (2016)
- Stress Relief Activities (2016)
- DIY Self Care Box (2016)
- Maslach Burnout Inventory MBI Self Test (2016)
- 2015 Rocking in Little Rock Report