SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE TO ATTEND ARSL CONFERENCE
The Wisconsin Valley Library Service is offering a scholarship to a director or branch manager of a member public library to attend the Association of Rural and Small Libraries (ARSL) Conference. This is an annual conference and scholarship opportunity.
The ARSL conference is specifically targeted for rural library staff. Previous conference topics have included building community advocacy; effective trustee recruitment; inexpensive programming ideas; innovative web services with few resources; virtual networking; and many more.
Full conference details, when published, can be found at: http://arsl.info/2016-conference/
The ARSL scholarship is a full scholarship to attend the ARSL conference and covers the following:
- a one-year membership in ARSL ($9-$39 depending on applicant’s salary)
- conference registration
- transportation to/from the conference (airfare, mileage to/from Wisconsin airport; fees to park car at airport; cab fare to hotel/back to airport;
- conference lodging
- conference meals (any meals outside the conference will be covered at WVLS per diem rate)
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Applicant must work at a small or rural library or library branch (serving a municipal population of 10,000 or fewer) in the WVLS area.
- Applicant must have one year of experience working as a public library director or library branch manager prior to application deadline.
- Preference will be given applicants who have not attended an ARSL conference.
- Must share knowledge gained with fellow library directors/branch managers via a written report submitted to WVLS within 60 days of the conference and an oral report during a one-hour ARSL Conference Review webinar.
- Applicant must submit completed and signed application form by deadline provided in scholarship application.
The scholarship application form is available on the WVLS website at ARSL Conference Travel Grant 2016 Questions about the scholarship may be directed to Anne Hamland at 715.261.7258 or email@example.com
Completed applications should be sent to Anne Hamland, Wisconsin Valley Library Service, 300 N First Street, Wausau, WI 54403; firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 ARSL SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
- Tamara Blomberg – Rib Lake Public Library
- Denise Korenuk – Western Taylor County Public Library, Gilman
- Audrey Kohlbeck - Marathon County Public Library, Spencer Branch
- 2016 Webinar WVLS Scholarship Report Recorded December 5th, 2016.
- 2016 PowerPoint ARSL Scholarship Report Slides
- 55 Tips to Manage Work Stress (2016)
- Stress Relief Activities (2016)
- DIY Self Care Box (2016)
- Maslach Burnout Inventory MBI Self Test (2016)
- 2015 Rocking in Little Rock Report